Jonathan’s Week #2
Last week, we reported on Jonathan Cantu, the Immokalee student and TIF volunteer who received a month long trip to Chicago to study art at a few of America's great institutions. As Jonathan wraps up a week-long stay at the Illinois Institute of Art, Chicago, he’s gearing up to start a three-week program at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Jonathan’s first week in the city has been thrilling, but, he says, it's flown by. Continue reading to hear what Jonathan has to say about his first week in Chicago and what the near future has in store for him.
On Finishing Up at the IIAC
It was great. I had so much fun. I received a $500 scholarship and made lifelong friends.
As my favorite art project, I made a dress out of bubble wrap, a t-shirt, and a screen.
This city is crazy. Last week, it was raining so hard that my umbrella went inside-out. No wonder they call it the Windy City. Sometimes it takes me 30 minutes to get a taxi and there was even a train delay of three hours due to tornado warnings. I love the city, though, and am so glad to be here.
On the Next Three Weeks
I couldn’t be more excited to start my three weeks at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. I’m having such a good time and am learning so much.
- Samantha Molina Among Winged Foot AttendeesMay 14, 2010
- Immersing in Medicine: TIF Summer InternshipsAugust 2, 2011
- Jonathan’s Look BackJuly 28, 2010
- Learn 15 Interesting Things About the Life of a Freshman at Smith CollegeJanuary 11, 2010
- TIF Students Team Up with the Rotary Club of ImmokaleeNovember 19, 2009
- Collier Building Industry Association
- Collier County Public Schools
- First Book of Collier County
- Florida Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Florida Department of Education
- Florida Home Builders Association
- Future Builders of America
- Harvest of Hope Foundation
- Immokalee High School
- Immokalee Non-profit Housing, Inc.